It only takes ONE girl to change the WORLD!
Plan Canada’s Because I am a Girl initiative is a national campaign that is unleashing the power of Canadian girls, women – and everyone who matters to them – to claim a brighter, safer future for girls in the developing world.
- Girls have the right to eat.
- Girls have the right to be educated.
- Girls have the right to be safe.
- Girls have the right to healthcare.
- Girls have the right to be treated with respect.
- Girls have the right to pursue their dreams.
- Girls have the right to the same opportunities as their brothers.
Although girls are often the poorest of the poor, it’s proven that investing in girls is key to eliminating poverty. Empower a girl and she’ll change the world.
When a girl is educated, nourished and protected, she shares her knowledge and skills with her family and community, and can forever change the future of a nation. It’s that powerful!
That’s what Because I am a Girl is all about – harnessing the incredible power that girls and women have here at home and in the developing world, to change the future.
It only takes ONE girl to change the world. Be the ONE.